Sunday, July 22, 2007

Finalizing the Last Layers


The last layer of wooden shingles turned out to be a real pain. I tried gluing down the shingles with some kind of roof tar substance (black & sticky stuff that gets all over you) which didn't work on the shingles too good.



However, it did a number on my fingers. So I ended up using not only the tar stuff but putting a nail in the center of each shingle to make sure each stuck in place. I was real proud of myself when I finished.


So proud in fact that I took a self photo, cut the bottom portion of my head off in the shot, but believe it or not there is a smile down there.



Here's the finished left and final side of the roof! We still have to go back and complete the roof ridge on each of the corners. But for now we are moving on to the next part of our project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home